Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms available today, with its millions of members tweeting almost 65 millions tweets per day. Almost everybody has a Twitter account and that includes celebrities, NBA players, newscasters, TV show hosts and more. That is why a lot of businesses have seen the potential of Twitter as it can be a rich source of future clients for their company.
When used in the right way, Twitter can provide a good platform for the promotion and exposure of a company. But it is not enough that company will just create a Twitter account and wait for miracles for a successful Internet marketing to happen. Different businesses must know how to utilize the power of Twitter in order to catch the attention of potential clients and will ultimately bring revenue to the company.
Here are a few pointers that every business must observe when using Twitter to make their business known online:
1. Setup profile. One way of being recognized in Twitter is with the use of attractive and catchy profile so the first thing that any business must do is to customize their profile by adding profile pictures, description, contact numbers and the like.
2. Establish your followers. Once you are done setting up your profile, it is time to connect to your audience. It is more important that you have followers that interact with you and that notices your products instead of having 10,000 followers who just ignore every tweet that you send.
You can start by connecting with your family, friends, employees, other businesses in the same industry, etc who can help you retweet your post and will follow you in return. This is a good starting point for your list of followers and this gives you a chance for their contacts to follow you as well.
3. Share valuable information and tweet regularly. To make your presence felt in the Twitter world, it is important that you tweet regularly. You can tweet once or twice per day or several times per week. There are a lot of free software that can be easily downloaded to help you manage your Twitter account which allows the scheduling of tweets for easy management.
It is also not just important that you tweet often but posting valuable information every time you tweet is also a must. Your tweets should not all be about your company but should also offer helpful information to your readers like news related to your industry, tips and tricks, and many more.
4. Participate in the community. It is not enough that you post tweets regularly. It is important that you interact and communicate with your readers. Reply to their tweets, comment on their posts, answer their tweets to you and the like so you can establish a relationship. And in any business, relationship is important as clients will only avail of the services and products of businesses that they trust and have build relationships with.
5. Use tools to help you manage your twitter account. When sending in URL, use third-party URL shortening services like TinyURL to maximize the 140-character limit of twitter. This way you will still have extra space to squeeze in your personal insights, additional data, etc in your tweet.
You can also make your tweets more interesting to your audience by using Yfrog or TwitPic to post videos and pictures.
Following the tips mentioned above will help boost your popularity in the online world and will drive your business to success.
Author’s Bio: Abie is working for
tshirtprinting.org as a content writer. Tshirtprinting.org is a brand new website which offers tshirt printing and personalized clothing.